A graduate of the University of Mumbai, Shri Iyer obtained a Bachelor of Science degree in Financial Accounting & Audit in 1997, further obtaining his Master’s in 1999. In addition to his exceptional level of education, Shri had the desire to expand his knowledge into the technology field, teaching himself coding and other tech skills.
In addition to his Finance degrees, Shri Iyer continued to attend certification classes until he obtained his first major role in 1999; a position with Oracle in the United Kingdom. Following his start with Oracle, Shri had the goal of transitioning into a position in the United States, where he landed a new role as a tech consultant in New York City. During his time as a tech consultant, Shri mainly worked in the financial services industry, utilizing his prior education and expertise. During his time in financial services, Shri had further goal of making his way to the technology hub of the United States.
Shri found himself returning to Oracle at their Silicon Valley location. During his time, he proudly held multiple positions from applications engineer to engineering manager. As his skill set continued to expand, Shri found himself with the desire to further his education, and enrolled in a Master’s program at the University of Phoenix where he completed a degree in Computer Information Systems in 2005. Following the completion of his degree, Shri was later named Senior Product Manager for Oracle where he launched several key features of the Oracle Global Human Resources Cloud Applications and Oracle Financials Cloud Applications.
Shri Iyer was promoted once more to Principal Product Manager, where he verticalized the company’s project management product for six key industries, thus significantly differentiating the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) solutions for project-intensive industries.
Though his skill set was strong, and his educational background helped him excel, Shri was diligent about continuing to further his education and knowledge base. In 2012, he began working towards earning his MBA from the University of California, Berkeley. In 2014, Shri concluded is 14-year tenure with Oracle and moved on to a new opportunity with Granular, Inc as Director of Product. During his time with Granular, Shri successfully launched Granular’s contract management and grain marketing products.
Shortly thereafter, Shri Iyer transitioned to RiseSmart, Inc., the leading provider of contemporary career transition services for organizations in more than 40 industries and 80 countries. As the company’s Senior Director of Product, Shri launched several products including RiseSmart Insight, a real-time performance tracking and analytics product that provides sales with a much-needed differentiator. Since its launch, this tool has won several prestigious industry awards, including recognition from HR Tech.
Shri Iyer is proud to say that he loves every aspect of his current position, and is beyond thankful for the trials that molded him into the leader and innovator he is today. To glean further insight into the various areas of Shri’s expertise, be sure to visit his blog page.
- Best Advance in Unique HR or Workforce Technology — Brandon Hall Group, 2018
- Top HR Product of 2017 — Human Resource Executive, Oct. 2017
- International Stevie Award — American Business Awards (Stevie), Aug. 2017
- Bronze Stevie Award — American Business Awards (Stevie), Jun. 2017
- People’s Choice Stevie Award — American Business Awards (Stevie), Jun. 2017
- Employee Recognition Award — Oracle Corporation, Jun. 2010
- Employee Recognition Award — Oracle Corporation, Jun. 2006
- University Rank — University of Mumbai, May 1997
- Certified Scrum Master & Product Owner — Scrum Alliance
- Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) — Oracle Corporation
- Oracle Financials Master — Oracle Corporation
- Product Management: Building a Product Strategy — LinkedIn
- Project Management Professional — Project Management Institute, License #1254419
- Masters in Business Administration — University of California, Berkely, Haas School of Business, 2015
- Masters in Information Systems — University of Phoenix, 2005
- Masters in Accounting and Finance — University of Mumbai, 1999
- Bachelors (B.S.) in Accounting and Finance — University of Mumbai, 1997
Empathy is one of the most prized 'soft skills' any manager can have. It contributes to better teamwork, better communication, and even better product creation. It may seem odd to assert that empathy is vital to creating a practical, successful product. However, being...
In the product world, there are product managers and UX designers - each plays a critical role in the product life cycle. Product managers often take the lead in developing a strategy for bringing the product to market, determining a timeline for production, and...
Unlike many careers, Product Management doesn't have a standard definitive educational path to enter the field. Because Product Management often varies by company culture, product, and industry, it can be difficult to pin down a specific set of skills and tools that...